BMW teasing the new i5 - last part of summer testing

The place to discuss everything else..
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

The series production development process for the first-ever BMW i5 is entering the home straight with the fine-tuning of its suspension control and driver assistance systems. Just a few weeks ahead of the car’s world premiere, it is clear the all-electric version of the new BMW 5 Series Sedan will deliver an outstanding driving experience – just like all the other variants. Innovative Vertical Dynamics Management elevates the balance of sporting potency and ride comfort for which the BMW 5 Series has always been renowned to an even higher level. And the car’s automated driving capability has also been taken into a new dimension with the Highway Assistant, which controls the distance to the vehicle ahead, carries out steering adjustments and carries out lane changes for the first time by means of eye activation.

Over the course of more than a year, the BMW i5 has negotiated a richly varied programme of testing – from the snow-covered and icy surfaces of the winter test centre at Arjeplog, Sweden to regions offering extreme heat and dry conditions, in city driving and on country roads, on motorways and hand-picked test tracks. The fine-tuning work for all the components involved in the driving experience was then carried out at the BMW Group’s proving grounds outside Miramas in southern France. This included ensuring the integral heating and cooling circuit with heat pump function for the drive system, the high-voltage battery and the interior of the BMW i5 can be controlled as required at all times. The predictive heat management capability of the high-voltage battery paves the way for rapid and efficient charging at DC fast-charging stations.

Read more here: https://www.i5forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=98

BMW i5 Testing (4).jpg

BMW i5 Testing (3).jpg

BMW i5 Testing (2).jpg

BMW i5 Testing (1).jpg