UK Delivery times

All BMW i4 related discussions
OLDPILOT

Post by OLDPILOT »

My car should have comfort pack plus and tech pack plus. The dealer hasn't advised of items being removed but the latest cofigurator shows the tech pack plus cannot be added due to specification changes. Will check with BMW again in a couple of weeks

graham239

Post by graham239 »

Checked with BMW online Genius on Saturday and was told that my build slot had gone back from 23 May to 30 May.

And it is not locked for production so it could change again 😳😳☹️☹️
OLDPILOT

Post by OLDPILOT »

I ordered the l4 40 m sport Nov 2021 was told delivery expected by end May 22. No dealer contact so spoke with BMW direct and was told production was 12th September. Still no dealer contact so yesterday called BMW again and was told the car was on its way to the dealer and would be delivered during week 29 (18th July) Great! One problem no Tec Pack Plus fitted,not even the basic tech pack fitted even though it's available on the configurator!
And still not a word from the dealer,disgraceful! Just off to see them to decide if I have the car and what compensation will be offered or tell them to stick it ! Cannot believe that the dealer did not know about the missing parts and was not in contact to say what alternative spec could be offered.
Buzzbuzzybuzz

Post by Buzzbuzzybuzz »

Exactly the same story for me - Ordered Sept 21, eventually got a build date of 1st week September and now it's waiting to ship and arriving at the dealer around 24th July - minus Tech Plus Pack. I wanted that pack for the adaptive cruise control function (i can live without the rest) - but delighted to discover that even without the pack - i have the option 9QY - which means it has all of the hardware necessary for a £750 over the air update of adaptive cruise control.

Elsewhere on this forum there have been complaints that the OTA updates on i4 arent working - I understand from BMW that this was caused by a slightly different chip being substituted which was not happy with the software. They said this was fixed back in May 22 - so hopefully it'll work!
OLDPILOT

Post by OLDPILOT »

My order arrived in the UK last week of July and has been stuck at the PDI level with a "STOP" for various updates. Over a month later and its still stuck waiting for updates. Latest delivery to dealer said to be 14th Sept but this is the 4th delivery revision so don't hold out much hope. The worry is if its taking so long for updated parts, what if something else goes wrong?? Will it be called back and be off the road for how long? Doesn't give you too much faith in the product.!! Wondering about cancelling the order and getting a Lexus
Shahev

Post by Shahev »

When I ordered my i4 MSport I was told to assume 12 months and 24 months for the M50!
ta88ycat

Post by ta88ycat »

What's the latest on delivery times, any improvement's?
thanks
kpama

Post by kpama »

I ordered mine in May 22. It was delivered in March 23.