Should I switch? (delivery based question)

All BMW i4 related discussions
mrb80

Post by mrb80 »

Hi All,

I’ve got a bit of a dilemma with my new company car order. After being a BMW driver for 13 years, I finally moved away and have had an Audi Q4 e-tron on order for 6 months already. However Audi is being next to silent about deliveries and the initial June estimate has gone out of the window (understand the Ukraine situation wasn’t happening when that estimate was given).

They can’t even say when I might see the car and are talking about possibly another year, or more, or less - they really don’t have a clue. They seem worse hit than other manufacturers, even if they are all impacted. I understand the reasons why and don’t need a reminder, but the way they handle communication is the worst part. You are left with a “you may or may not get a car some time in the next year or so”. Nobody can plan with that and it’s costing me quite a lot in the interim because my BMW was end of lease and had to be returned and now I’m taking a monetary allowance in the interim and sorting myself out (at a real cost premium). Not to mention that the model itself will be much older after 18 months of waiting and then I’d have to keep it for 4 years

So to my question: I can still cancel and might have the possibility to switch to an i4. I had wanted the iX3, but it’s a fraction over my company car budget and my company will not budge at all on budgets, but the i4 should be possible

However, I don’t want to jump from the frying pan to the fire. I’m in that awful position of feeling as though I could shoot myself in the foot if I switch and BMW is as bad as Audi at zero information and estimates that come and go, while you’re left still in factory order status

I know the i4 is probably too new for much real world experience to help me, but any experience with how BMW is being with information and build dates would help.

I just can’t decide whether to stick it out with Audi (as awful as they are being at communicating) or go back to BMW

Appreciate any advice. I know it’s a “how long is a piece of string” kind of question, but talking it over can help

Peter

Post by Peter »

I think you will find a similar level of information coming from BMW to be honest - the updates are few and far between generally. I think if you switch to a new i4 order now you will be extremely lucky to see it before 2023.
Mozart

Post by Mozart »

I placed an order(i4 40) on the 1st of Feb 2022 and I have now been given a delivery date of the 6th of November which seems consistent with recent expectations. It may change but my dealer currently seems comfortable with this date in light of what he is hearing out of Munich. I live in hope🤗