UK deliveries

All BMW i4 related discussions
graham239

Post by graham239 »

U.K. deliveries are a joke at the moment

Until locked for production they continue to change.

I had a build date 2 weeks ago of 22 May.

It then changed to 30 May and now 6 June

No explanation other than usual BS regarding semi conductor shortages.

Surely a professional organisation can plan on their stock levels without constantly changing dates.

Dealer still say early July delivery but not convinced at all.

Y9YAH

Post by Y9YAH »

Hi everyone ,

I have my i4 m50 stuck at code 193 ‘at port of exit ‘ since the 18th May. Has anyone else encountered similar issues?
graham239

Post by graham239 »

That is a total joke

Have you contacted BMW UK to complain ?

I would be wanting to rip someone’s head off

Hope you receive soon.

Would be interested to know the BS excuse - no doubt semi conductor shortage or Ukraine war.
Bradders

Post by Bradders »

I ordered M50 in December 2021, order placed on allocated production, delivery estimate early May 2022. Went to status 112 in April 2022, for end of May delivery. Since then, production week has been pushed back every week, by one week. As of today, the status has gone back to 111, production estimate mid July, delivery August. I spoke the dealer, he advised me that they have recently had a major production update from BMW. All deliveries of all models has now been pushed back, many by as much as a year. Apparently spec or options is irrelevant to production plan. Quote the dealer "it is not a good situation, we are struggling to get information from BMW, we are equally as frustrated as you. I am having too many difficult conversation with customers advising them the revised delivery on their accepted orders has been pushed back by a year, be it a 1, 7 or electric model. all models are affected".....
slim_sane

Post by slim_sane »

So I ordered my M50 in Aug 2021, was initially told end of the year for delivery then told it would be after the official release in March. March came and went and no news I was then told April production, since then the production date has shifted week on week by another week, then in June it suddenly jumped 3 weeks and was scheduled for the 4th of July and i was told there was a major reorg of the production schedules so there shouldn't be more changes. However today I check with the online genius and the car has shifted again to next week, so here we go again!!! I really am losing the will to live BMW!
slim_sane

Post by slim_sane »

So some good news I’m finally past build status 112, now into 150 and awaiting bodyshop scheduling for the build 🙌🏽🎉 hoping to have the car just before Sept if all goes well but might delay pickup for the new number plate for residuals.

It has been a truly long wait at almost a year after I placed my order with the dealer.
Mozart

Post by Mozart »

My dealer got me excited mid June stating that delivery on my i4(ordered early Feb 2022) had accelerated from November 6 and was now due to be delivered August 23. This caused me to organise a home charging point. Alas in late July this has got pushed back to the end of November without explanation. I suggested that BMW Munich needed to have much better comms with their customers and my dealer said that they never get any reasons for changes either. It is absolutely appalling. I can live with change if adequate reasons are given but this is a complete joke and it is now tempting to give up on BMW. My neighbour had his Tesla delivered within 3 months from order.