What home charger?

All BMW i4 related discussions
Dan

Post by Dan »

Anyone planning a purchase looking at home chargers too?

Think I’m going for Andersen. Seem to get good reviews and the style certainly fits fine with the house.

Anyone any experience?

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Have a watch of this:

Dan

Post by Dan »

Great thanks for that
Major Jasper

Post by Major Jasper »

Getting a Podpoint - comes as part of the lease deal.
DWF

Post by DWF »

I have an Andersen that works fine with my I-Pace and no doubt will work fine with the I4 when it arrives.

Had an issue with the Clamp which turned out to be that Andersen require a shielded twisted pair so make sure if Andersen are not fitting it, the EV Ultra Cable, that will no doubt be used, is the one with the inbuilt cat5 . I say issue but it more my OCD as it was showing solar input in the middle of the night whilst it charged, the Clamp seemed to be picking up interference and giving a misreading. I don't need the clamp for current protection, so for me it's just available to allow it to charge with excess solar . There are two solar versions a simple one clamp solution and a dual clamp system. For me the simple one suffices as I will hardly ever be using the solar to charge, as my system is 11 years old and only 2.5Kw. The Andersen needs at least 1.5Kw available before it will start the charge.

The clamps are readily available from RS and are considerable cheaper than the price Andersen charge, but sometimes it's a lot less hassle if things go wrong to have bought from the manufacturer. The clamp is a Hobut 120a rated CT. Was just shy of £30 inc delivery from RS Components.

Customer support was very good .
Mozart

Post by Mozart »

Anyone conducted a review of other chargers before considering Andersen.
My dealer is recommending BP charge point(Pulse0 which I think is BMW's branded offering and Podpoint Solo3. I have read on an old comment (2021) that charge point was terrible but may just be a one off. There also seems other chargers such as Zappi, Ohme pro 2 etc.

My I4 is due at the end of August so I want to get the process started as no doubt suppliers will undertake a visit before pricing the installation.
km-i4

Post by km-i4 »

I've gone for a Zappi so its easier with future solar install...
BTCRPM

Post by BTCRPM »

Also gone with a Zappi v.2.1, adding solar panels and batteries in the future but starting with batteries now, charge car and batteries at night at cheaper rate.
Avocet

Post by Avocet »

I've just got an Easee One. Only had it a couple of days. User manual isn't up to much, but I'm getting the hang of the mobile phone app now, I think. Certainly does what it says on the tin and charges between 7 and 7.3 kW.
sidbob

Post by sidbob »

Running a Zappi on my Ipace at the moment, pick up my I4 M50 this week so will report back