Ordered my i4 eDrive40 M Sport

New to the BMW i4 Forums? Introduce yourself here
DonS

Post by DonS »

Hi everyone I am new to the forum. Planning to replace my current 2017 Macan GTS with an EV and tired of waiting for Porsche to the launch of the Macan EV. After test drives in the Polestar 2 (AWD) and Kia EV6 I managed to get a 60 minute test drive in i4 eDrive40 M Sport. The i4 was the only car which left me feeling as satisfied as the Macan does so have now stopped procrastinating and put my order in for the i4 eDrive40 M Sport. Got a little carried away with the configuration what do member think?

https://configure.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/configid/6jj9nd93

DWF

Post by DWF »

I have taken a similar route only with a I-Pace after the Macan GTS. Looking forward to getting the i4 eDrive40 soon so I can get rid of the I-Pace, which I really do not like one little bit. It's all form over function.

The I4 is slower 0-60 than the I-Pace but is comparable to the Macan GTS so hardly slow, plus I find flat out acceleration in the I-Pace to be rather pointless and like most people have only done it once or twice and then started driving sensibly. The I-Pace insurance is double what I paid for the Macan so hoping the BMW will be cheaper.

Don't really like the way BMW uses packs to sell the extras much prefer to pick exactly what I want rather than the set packs. Suspect this is to reduce the WLTP test cycles where you have to test all the different combinations of extras . Using the packs reduces that testing .
DonS

Post by DonS »

I have now taken delivery of my eDrive40 M Sport and very please with the car. I choose the colour blind and the dealer didd'nt even have a sample at the time of order! but I like it. The insurance with Aviva was slightly less expensive than that my 2017 Porsche Macan GTS so that was good too.

BMW i40 MSport img2.jpg

BMW i40 MSport img3.jpg

BMW i40 MSport.jpg

OLDPILOT

Post by OLDPILOT »

Looks great. Noticed it has a front camera, does this mean you ordered it with the Tech Pack Plus? Also does it have the Harmon Kardon or standard radio
DonS

Post by DonS »

Sorry for the delay in getting back. Been enjoying the car too much!. Yes I did order the Tech Pack Plus with the HK sound system.
DonS

Post by DonS »

Sorry for the delay in getting back. Been enjoying the car too much :D . Yes I did order the Tech Pack Plus with the HK sound system.
Rudewonder

Post by Rudewonder »

Hi don. Can I ask what dealership you ordered it from and when.

I ordered mine January 2022 and the car arrived end of October 2022 but the tech plus pack I ordered wasn’t there. They said bmw didn’t install it due to issues with stock. Said it’s been stopped by them not the dealership.
Tried to order it now as a new car and it allows me so I don’t k is shows lying.
I didn’t get charged for the pack because it wasn’t installed on the car but it’s not the car I ordered.
Having issues with the dealership so don’t know whether to take it further or not.