New to the i4 forum

New to the BMW i4 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hi all,
Good to see a home in the UK for the i4.

Currently got an X3, seriously considering the i4 - along with the electric X3 version of course. Think I prefer the look of the i4 though.

Chas1

Post by Chas1 »

Hi There i4 e40 version ordered nice to have place fir Q&A
graham239

Post by graham239 »

Hi

Place my order for a M50 as my next company car in mid September. Dealer stated a Q4 build but no confirmation yet. I think March 2022 is more realistic

Changing from an Audi A7 Hybrid which was the worst car I ever had.

I currently have a Tesla Model 3 SR+ as an interim car. I did think of getting a Performance version rather than the i4 as it was available in November but i am glad I didn’t. It is somewhat weird to drive - ok short term but couldn’t live with it for a 2.5 year lease.

M50 spec is as follows:

Brooklyn Grey
Extended shadow line
M sport seats
Comfort pack
Park Assist Plus

Can’t wait for delivery

Just noticed a fair few reviews of the car on YouTube in the last couple of days. Looks like there has been a press day in Germany

Good reviews

Great Forum BTW
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Welcome to the forum :)
MBK1989

Post by MBK1989 »

Hi, Ordered Edrive40 through lease company (ARVAL) for my new company car. order placed early November and due to be delivered 25th April... I hope....
Plonka

Post by Plonka »

Hi All

I’m new to the forum too. I also have an X3 and loved my test drive of the ix3 but it just didn’t have enough range. Ordered the i4 e40 after a test drive at Bowker Preston. Stunning car. I ordered early March 22 so I don’t expect that I’ll get delivery until late this year at the earliest! Now looking around for the best charger option. I have solar (only 2.1Kw) and would like to take advantage of that so am considering the Zappi but just noticed a lot are going for Andersen. Lots to keep me occupied whilst I continue to hold out for a some idea of delivery time!
DWF

Post by DWF »

I have Solar at 2.5kw however the Andersen I have needs 1.5Kw to start charging the car, I suspect that may be a limitation of the car. With such low output from the panels it's hardly worth the bother given the cost of Octopuses Go Tarrif.

The Andersen solar is OK but the Current Clamp on the incoming mains that it uses to determine Solar output must be connected via Cat 5 . My installation using Doncaster Ultra cable has two wire twisted pair and it was very inaccurate. My installer came back and ran Cat 5 and it pretty much fixed it. The Zappi on the other hand uses a wireless Clamp so that makes things a lot easier installation wise.

If you want to hide the cable and have a good looking Charge point that can blend in with the rest of the house go for the Andersen, otherwise Zappi would have been my choice..
Plonka

Post by Plonka »

Thanks DWF. I hadn’t realised that the solar output monitoring was such a challenge. Looks like it will be the Zappi. No need to do anything yet anyway.- I don’t have any notion of a delivery date for the car and won’t until at least May. :(
Weezer

Post by Weezer »

Hi. Owner of a Sapphire black M50, here. I was on another i4 forum but just been banned by some petty fun police moderator for making a Joke. Anyway, I was dead lucky. Found an ex-demo motor at a local(ish) dealer. Owned it for just three weeks. Tacora red leather, comfort pack, tech plus pack, no laser lights, no sunroof. XPEL wrap on front half of car. Happy to answer questions and share my brief experience with this beast!
Weezer

Post by Weezer »

Blimey, it's really dead in here.